Make these delicious classic brownies and use a heart shaped cookie cutter for a fun and whimsical dessert. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate with butter in a metal bowl over hot water; cool.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended.
- Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread into greased and floured 8" square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Once they have cooled, turn them upside down and cut out the hearts using the cookie cutter. Then dust with powdered sugar. By turning them over, you get a straight smooth surface.