What to bring a hostess?
A hostess gift should be something that can be used or eaten. Bring a beautiful bathroom or kitchen soap or bring one of my favorites, chocolate chip cookie dough. I made this classic recipe and rolled it in a parchment, then rolled it in a tissue paper, tied it with twine and labeled it. Keep the dough in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
She can simply slice, bake and enjoy warm homemade chocolate chip cookies whenever she wants!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.